Bass Gear Review Archive Editing Policy
as of 8/19/2001
The primary goal of the BGRA is to allow bass gear consumers to freely
express their thoughts, opinions, and experiences with bass gear they
have owned or used. The policy of the BGRA is to post reviews with
minimal changes. The editorial policy at the BGRA makes the following
provisions for the modification of submitted reviews:
- Reviews can be edited for grammatical and spelling errors without notice to the author. This is not routine BGRA policy, but reviews can be edited for grammar and spelling for the sake of clarity.
- Reviews will be edited at the request of the author(s).
- Reviews will be edited to correct factual errors if they are caught by the editorial staff or brought to the attention of the editorial staff by a visitor. For example, if the power handling of a speaker cabinet is incorrectly reported in a review, it will be changed to the correct rating without notice to the author.
- Unneccesarily obscene language may be deleted without notice to the author. This is a judgment call by the editorial staff, who are encouraged to be lenient in most cases.
- Unsubstantiated claims made in any review may be contested by
affected parties. This process is reserved to cases in which false or
speculative claims may do unwarranted damage the reputation of a
business or person. When a claim is contested, the review will be
temporarily disabled, and the author will be contacted and asked to
substantiate the claim or consent to striking the claim from the
review. If the author cannot substantiate the claim within a 48 hour
period, or does not respond, the review will be edited to exclude the
contested content. Please refer to the page on trouble tickets for more details.
- Obvious attempts to mislead or deceive will be edited without notification. Authors may also contest edits of this nature by submitting trouble tickets.
- Reviews will not be accepted from anyone affiliated with the
manufacturer of the reviewed item. This includes employees, family
members of employees, retailers, as well as compensated endorsers.